With the Trade Fair only 20 days away there is nothing you can do about your stand location, design,build or catalogue copy; but there is still time to do 20 quick and easy things that could make all the difference to your Trade Fair performance.
1. Review your core propositions against the current market and your company performance, are they still relevant?
2. Review your sales objectives against the above and ensure they remain SMART.
3. Confirm your stand objectives for your staff – key messages that must be communicated, products that must be presented, offers to be shared, and people that have to be introduced.
4. Print business cards just for the fair that feature your key messages on the reverse.
5. Diary time for pre-fair staff training especially for any new products, don’t assume 30 minutes before the fair opens will suffice – fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
6. Agree your email count down strategy in terms of timing, content, frequency and responsibility.
7. Review what’s happening in the news or currently trending – it could provide you with the opportunity to differentiate yourself with a last minute stand feature.
8. Create a customer incentive to help secure more contact details, follow up appointments and on stand orders.
9. Plan a stand rota for your staff, including time for them to walk the aisles, and don’t allow cover or lack of cover to be dictated by impulse or hunger pangs.
10. Review your appointments diary and contact those customers who are still to confirm.
11. Define your product and marketing off stand research objectives along with your competitor targets.
12. Identify which seminars and off stand meetings you or your staff should attend and add them to your stand rota.
13. Decide how you are going to collate new product feedback from your stand visitors.
14. Support your lead new product collection with a creative mood board to increase buyer engagement.
15. Incentivise your staff with daily rewards and recognise performance and achievement.
16. During the show text customers with a reminder of your stand details – only needs to be done once as you don’t want to be intrusive.
17. Identify a staff member to walk the aisles with flyers – promoting reasons to visit your stand.
18. Plan your evening entertainment diary – who, where, when and remember to double check your table reservations.
19. Source a give away for stand visitors.
20. Make a dinner reservation for your stand team and support staff, for the week following the fair to say THANK YOU.